Tsinuel Geleta is a Ph.D. candidate at Western University. His research focuses on progressive wind-induced damage to low-rise buildings using a computational approach. He uses Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and wind tunnel testing for wind load evaluation, and Finite Element Method (FEM) for damage analysis. He completed his master’s degree with thesis title ‘Prediction of elastic and failure behavior of triaxially braided textile composites’ from Chungbuk National University in South Korea. He received his undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from Adama Science and Technology University in Ethiopia.
Peer-reviewed journal papers
- Geleta, T.N., Woo, K., Cairns, D.S., Samborsky, D., 2018. Failure behavior of inclined thick adhesive joints with manufacturing defect. J. Mech. Sci. Technol. 32, 2173–2182. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-018-0426-z
- Geleta, T.N., Woo, K., Lee, B., 2018. Delamination Behavior of L-Shaped Laminated Composites. Int. J. Aeronaut. Sp. Sci. 19, 363–374. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42405-018-0038-y
- Geleta, T.N., Woo, K., 2017. Multiscale progressive failure analysis of textile composites. Int. J. Aeronaut. Sp. Sci. 18, 436–449. https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2017.18.3.436
- Geleta, T.N., Woo, K., Lee, B., 2017. Prediction of Effective Material Properties for Triaxially Braided Textile Composite. Int. J. Aeronaut. Sp. Sci. 18, 222–235. https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2017.18.2.222
- Geleta, T.N., Elshaer, A., Melaku, A., Bitsuamlak, G.T., 2018. Computational Wind Load Evaluation of Low-Rise Buildings with Complex Roofs Using LES, in: The 7th International Symposium on Computational Wind Engineering. Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Geleta, T.N., Woo, K., 2016. Progressive Failure Analysis of Tri-axial Braided Textile Composites, in: The 10th Asian–Australasian Conference on Composite Materials.
- Geleta, T.N., 2017. Prediction of Elastic and Failure Behavior of Triaxially Braided Textile Composites. Chungbuk National University. URL: http://dcollection.chungbuk.ac.kr/jsp/common/DcLoOrgPer.jsp?sItemId=000000046949
- 2019: Dr. Robert Addie Graduate Scholarship in Wind Engineering, Western University, Canada
- 2017-2021: Ontario Trillium Scholarship, Western University, Canada
- 2013: Job arrangement for high-scoring graduates, Adama Science and Technology University, Ethiopia
- 2011: Award of academic excellence, Adama Science and Technology University, Ethiopia
- 2009: Adama University Annual High Scoring Students’ Award, Adama Science and Technology University, Ethiopia